Thursday

An introduction of sorts...

To begin, I would just like to say welcome to my blog! The title seems rather boring and sounds very much like the title of a book (it probably is), I know, but I didn't know what else to call it. My last two education classes here at Rowan focus on observing and assessing in the early childhood classroom and as a future educator, I need to become very familiar with that!


I plan on using this blog to research and discuss current assessment issues and practices like NCLB and infant and preschool standardized tests, as well as weighing the pros and cons of standardized tests, rating scales and rubrics, anecdotal and running records, portfolios, performance-based assessments, and many more! I'll be incorporating my notes from classroom discussions and practicum experiences along with news articles, teacher blogs, case studies, and any other educational resources that I find to explore today's issues, concepts, and methods of appropriate observation and assessment in the early childhood classroom.


To those that are planning on becoming teachers and/or have gone on to become educators, as well as those that are just interested in finding out more of what I have to say on this topic, your feedback is very welcome! I promise to try my very best in my attempt to document my findings and reflections to not bore you to tears. I will also include any links or sources I find through my research just in case you might want to check them out for yourself. As I said in the "About Me" section, I hope that this blog proves to be an interesting and helpful source to all who come across it.

Thanks for reading my first blog posting and keep an eye out for the next one coming soon!

No comments: